Preferred Conversion Process
Note: Files can have numbers after the filename if the file has been broken into smaller chunks to aid in the import process. IMPORTANT: Auto prune will be turned off for all forums in the import. You can run and SQL statement to turn it back on for all forums or do it manually only for the forums it is needed on.
1. Import phpbb3_forums.txt.
2. Run fix_ids.php script to correct left and right idís (put the php script in the root location of your phpbb forum). This script is provided in the doc folder of the converter install folder.
3. Import phpbb3_group.txt.
4. Import phpbb3_topics.txt.
5. Import phpbb3_users.txt.
6. Import Internal_Links_Update.txt.
7. Import phpbb3_posts.txt.
8. Run SQL to create Administrator group permissions for all forums.
9. Run SQL to update posts.
10. Run SQL to update Internal Links.
11. Run SQL to process formatting.
12. Run SQL to update post counts.
13. Run SQL to update topic counts.
14. Login to your phpbb forum; go to the Administration Control Panel. On the General tab choose to clear the cache. This is important; your forums will not show up unless this is done.
15. On the General tab; Choose the button to recalculate post counts
16. On the General tab; Choose the button to recalculate statistics
All SQL needed is in the installation folder named SQL.